For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Friday, July 12, 2013

Alfredo Sauce in your Sleep!


It use to take me a long time to make this sauce, when I first started cooking, i did everything too fast and didn't paid attention to recipes. Now, i work in a steady but fastpace and i can make this sauce in my sleep. 3-5mins, 3 different varieties, simple right? It actually is.

Supplies ( 1 box of spaghetti or Fettuccine pasta)

Pasta, cooked & drained
2TBs of Butter
1 TB  of Flour
Grated Parmasean Cheese
Pepper & Salt to taste
Red Pepper Flakes ( optional)
a whisk
1/2 can Evaporated Milk, 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream or Philadelphia cheese

1. Use a sauce pan and melt butter in pan, add flour  and whisk mixture is completely free of flour chunks.

2. Add salt and Pepper to taste, slowly add your milk (or philly cheese)

3. Add grated cheese and whisk in quick. Bring mixture to a boil.

4. Give another whisk, remove from burner and serve over pasta.


Richness:
 traditional alfredo sauce, uses heavy whipping cream. Evaporate milk (1/2can ) less rich and heavy. Olive Garden method uses philadelphia cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment