For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bahn Mi, Bahn You- Vietnamese Pork Sandwich


Almost every Vietnamese has a fresh bakery department or orders in from a local bakery. This is not traditional pork sandwich, but using a different kind of meat found in local chinese restaurants.

Supplies:
Bahn Mi (fresh french rolls)
Pate, Mayo or Butter
Cliantro sprigs
juliene onion (white)
Pickled carrots ( vietnamese veggie section)
Fried Egg (optional)
Fresh Jalapeno
Sliced thin cucumber
Romaine Lettuce
 Pork Butt ( char xisu, recipe as follows)

Char Xisu
1packet of mixture
1cup of water
Meat
marinate overnight
Cook for 4-6 hrs in crock pot

Bahn Mi

Sliced Bahn, like a sandwich. Spread Pate/Mayo/Butter.
Add Meat (warm or hot) arrange cliantro, cucumbers, carrots, and Jalapeno.
Fried egg is optional. Enjoy ;


No comments:

Post a Comment