|Oven-Broiled Beef Ribs|
Tonight is some broken ribs, not mine, but our dinner's lol. To share this recipe I've reinvented and took part from my brother-in-law, you got to make the best ribs I know. Knowing that he may not read this post, has made me able to share this 'secret' spices. hehe.... Oh well I'll deal with that bridge when you get there.
So, to start this recipe, you would have to prep your food 1 day ahead of time, in either this marinade or a brime. A brime, is a mixture of kosher salt, spices, and water that tenderizes the meat for a time making it porous and able to obtain better flavor during cooking process.
1/2 cup of kosher
1 quart of water
Spices below (set some aside for cooking later)
1-2 TBSP of garlic powder
3 TBSP of brown sugar (reserved for boiling mixture, as well as brime)
1-2 TBSP of Black Pepper
1-2 TBSP of Paprika. Cayenne, and Chilli Powder Mix
1 teaspoon of Steak Seasoning
1/2c-1cup of your favorite bbq
1 crushed finely bay leaf
For Boiling Mixture
1/2 cup of water mixed with brown sugar, let thicken and cool slightly
I like to make my ribs in the oven, when I don't want to go to the grill. I set it to 350 degrees in the oven.
I cook it for 1 1/2 hrs -2 hrs in the oven. You can also boil meat for 2 hours in salt, pepper, bay leaves, and onion.
1. Start the brime, if you wish, let sit over night (optional) or You can boil meat. Your choice, your style.
2. Prepare boiling mixture, brown sugar and water, until sugar has dissolved and thicken. Let cool slightly.
3. Pour and rub in mixture to ribs. Apply rest of spices.
4. Put in Oven and cook. Baste with BBQ sauce 15 minutes before time is up, then after taken out from oven.
5. Broil in oven for 1 minute, keep a careful eye, as the broiler function is super hot and can burn ribs.
6. Enjoy some saucy ribs.