For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Friday, November 15, 2013

Pan-Fried Noodles+ Sauce



When I was a teen, I worked in an gourmet Chinese restaurant. I loved it there, I was a hostess and I love seeing the food creations the chefs would come up with. I got to taste a lot of dishes that were to be featured on their menus. But, my most favorite dish, was a mixed pan-fried noodles. It had a mixture of beef, chicken, shrimp, and the usual veggies in a stir- fry, peas, ribbon carrots, and water chestnuts. I absolutely loved the dish, while it was easy to buy when I was single, with a family now, I don't want to break the bank.

So, I went to the local grocery store and went through the pasta and "ethnic" food isles to see what I could find. I was disappointed, my "ethnic" food isle didn't have anything that I was interested in.  I went through the isle and picked up Vermicelli and Thin Spaghetti.

Following the boiling instructions, make the pasta. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. Lightly oil a nonstick pan and set to med-high heat. When you place the noodles use circular motions. Cook for 5-8 minutes, dropping 1/2 a teaspoon of water to get them super crispy. Then in your skillet, place a plate on top and flip on the other side. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. I usually leave place them in the skillet and place in oven with a little sauce for flavor at 300 degrees for 5 minutes.

Now for the sauce.

2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced. or 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of garlic powder.
chives or scallions
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
4 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of cornstarch (mix well, until no bumps)

for a little heat, add 1 tablespoon of Sriracha Hot Sauce or Chili Oil

Mix together, sautee veggies with some sauce, bring sauce to a slight shimmer to thicken. Serve on top of noodles. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment