For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mexican Drinks: Strawberries and Cream drink

Growing up, this drink was a great treat. I remember I preferred this drink over Horchata. With this recipe you can use it to make ice cream pops or a drink.
Supplies:
2 pounds of strawberries, clean sliced, pureed thru blender but reserve a handful for finishing drink
 sugar
1 can of evaporate milk
2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk ( 2 tsp for every 2 cups of your pitcher)
water

1.  Pureed strawberries and run through mesh once is enough.

2. In a pitcher add strawberry mix add sugar and add evaporate milk in slowly while stirring. Then, add sweetened milk. Slowly add water while stirring. 

3. Add sugar to taste. Add ice, chill for about 1 hr before serving so flavors can marry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment