For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Friday, March 18, 2011

Faux Fruit N Cream Ice Cream?! What's next...

Fresas (strawberries) with Cream, mixture before frozen
So, Here I am, having a tasting for making gelato but instead I make something else or a concoction of fruit...
Have you ever tasted those Mexican Ice Cream Bar of Fruit N Cream with milk... so good, well now you don't have to go out and buy them, in this creation doesn't require constant stirring or rock salt! Beat that! lol

 I headed to the local Farmer's Market and scoped out some ripe strawberries from the Carlsbad field and went back home to the lab...

Supply List:
 - a metal mixing bowl or glass, placed in freezer for 10 mins
1 basket of ripe strawberries, washed, ends chopped, and then diced
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
slightly less than 1/4 cup of sweet condensed milk

1. Place bowl in freezer for 10 mins. 
2.  In bowl, mix cream, sugar, vanilla and whipped with a whisk for 10 mins or mixer, until cream is
"whipped" like.
3. Fold in sweet condensed milk and strawberries. Gently stir in.
4.  Freezer for at least an hour to 1 1/2hr, Covered.
5. enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment