For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Saturday, March 26, 2011

Belgium Waffles...Homemade Whipped Cream...once you go homemade you never go back....

Homemade Waffles with Scratch Whipped Cream
Hi Everyone!
I decided that my family should be able to enjoy Belgium Waffles just like the sell at IHOP or Dennys. But making it from scratch is the best flavors and after making this I won't be ordering this dish from a restaurant any time soon.

Supplies: 

For making Batter

2 cups of flour
1 3/4 cup milk
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of  vegetable oil
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

It took me forever to get a great recipe for waffles, but after making this it's similar to my pancake mix, except for subtles in the recipes.

1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet ingredients.
2. Whisk for about a minute or so. Until most lumpiness is gone.
3. Ladel on waffle maker according to size of iron.


For Homemade Whipped Cream

First of all, let me start by saying, this is so easy and fast to do. I'll never go back to buying whipped cream from a bottle/can.

Supplies:
Blender
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup of sugar
This is so simple all you need to add ingredients to blend and hit whip ( lazy way, or you whisk by hand for 10 minutes)

4. To be served on top of hot waffles with diced fruit.
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment