For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kabobs!


Kabobs are so easy to do whether you have a Foreman or not, simple, fast and delicious.
I started off with making some House Seasoning for this marinade. (I.e., Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper)

Supplies:
1-1.5LB of thin sliced/cut grilling meat, I used Carne Asada.
House Seasonings
Bell Peppers: Red, Yellow Green
Red Onions/Purple Onions
Skewers
Water.

1. Soak skewers in water for about 30 minutes. It will help take the wood pieces off and also prevent them for burning on the grill or skillet.

2. Cut meat into long strips, Marinate with house seasoning for 20 minutes.
3. After meat is ready, accordian fold and alternate using onions and peppers.

4. Grill 2-4 minutes on each side depending on your meat preference, for the skillet, use a lid to insulated meat and it comes out evenly cooked, but watch your time it can be overcooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment