For All Foodies Alike:

Hey Foodies! Welcome to FoodieQT.

I'm Chio, I'm wife and mother to a family of 4. When I'm not busy making crafts, I'm cooking in the kitchen. These meals are designed for everything who wants to make a meal homemade quick. I'm not a trained chef, just a home cook who loves to cook and bake. I start my day with cooking for scratch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This is the place where food and flavors meet, then you EAT...













Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ba-te...Ba-te..Choco-la-te! Oatmeal Cookies

 
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (no bake)












Good Morning! It's been a real windy day in San Diego, CA. Unusual for our area. So why not cuddle up, with a blanket, a cup of cocoa, and some oatmeal cookies. Too much work? Not at all? I recently was asked by my husband to make oatmeal cookies, but the catch was no bake. I researched for good recipe for these so-called oatmeal cookies. I made a batch adding some my own ingredients to make them taste more oven-baked. They were fabulous!

 Yesterday, my cousin came over and fasinaticed by my facebook posts of all the food I make, he asked if I could show him how to make this no-bake method. Simple, simple, and delicious. You probably have these ingredients already in your pantry. So, all you need a big saucepan.

2 cups of sugar
1 stick of butter
3 cups of quick oats

1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of milk
3/4 cup of baking cocoa
chocolate chips or coconut flakes

1. Melt butter in saucepan, add cocoa powder and then add milk. Bring to boil for 1 minute.
2.  Take saucepan off heat and add oats and vanilla.
3. Add any other toppings you'd like. Give them a stir until fully mixed.
4. On parchment paper, spoon out 1 in separate cookies on sheet, wait to kool for 20-30 minutes.
5. Enjoy with your hot cocoa!


No comments:

Post a Comment